Canadian Immigration Minister recently announced that the country would invite a record number of applications for the 2021 Program Intake. According to the update, IRCC will accept 30,000 additional applications for Canadian permanent residents and citizens to bring their loved ones to Canada.
Canada uses the same random selection process to send invitations to potential sponsors who have submitted their applications in 2020. And, the authority is planning to roll out Invitations to apply for two commencing on September 20, 2021.
Along with that, Canada will continue the income requirement to be the minimum necessary income instead of the minimum necessary income plus 30% for the 2020 tax year. They will also allow regular Employment Insurance benefits and temporary COVID-19 benefits, such as the Canada Emergency Response Benefit extended towards the sponsor.
This measure will help those Canadian Residents who are experiencing financial difficulties in the last year because of the pandemic.
Below are some of the facts about the new announcement:
- A total of 40,000 applications are to be processed in 2021 — 10,000 applications from the 2020 intake and 30,000 from 2021.
- IRCC invites more people to apply as not all sponsors submit an application.
- Those who did not receive an invite may consider a super visa, which would allow a parent or grandparent to visit Canada with multiple entries up to 10 years.
- IRCC will issue Invitations for two weeks which will roll out on September 20, 2021
- Invited applicants need to submit the ITA application within 60 days.
- Applicants must check their registered email account, or they can check their status online using their 2020 confirmation number.
- All the applicants will have to undergo income assessment for the tax years of 2020, 2019, and 2018.