In the latest round of updates, the Canada immigration Authority announces the resumption of travel for fully vaccinated travelers. This is one of the most prominent and favorable announcements since the pandemic has started. The Government has issued a detailed list of guidelines and protocols for incoming travelers. Many relaxations and provisions are also permitted to ensure a smooth transition.
Below are the announcements by the Canadian Government:
- From August 9th, fully vaccinated American Travelers (Citizens and Green Card holders) can travel to Canada for non-essential and recreational purposes.
- From September 7th, all International Travelers who have taken two doses of approved vaccine will be granted to enter Canada.
- The mandatory three nights quarantine in a government-approved hotel will be permanently removed for all travelers on August 9th.
- The travel ban on direct passenger flights from INDIA will end by at least August 21st.
- Travelers must undergo a pre-departure Molecular Test (RT-PCR Test)
- If asked by the authority, travelers must be ready with the quarantine plan in Canada
- Non-vaccinated children of 11 years old or younger can accompany their vaccinated parents without quarantine. However, they must avoid crowded areas.
- Travelers must register and upload their vaccination certificates in the ArriveCAN app before traveling, which will be verified by Airlines
- Covid tests on arrivals will not occur for fully vaccinated travelers; however, random testing on arrival can be exercised.
- Health Canada has approved a total of 4 vaccines – Moderna Covid-19 Vaccine, Pfizer-BioNTech covid-19 Vaccine, AstraZeneca/COVISHIELD Covid-19 Vaccine, and Janssen (Johnson & Johnson) Covid-19 Vaccine.
- All Fully Vaccinated Travelers must have taken the last dose of approved vaccines at least 14 days before travel.