If an individual, as a partner wants to support a partnership category application for Kiwi residency, he/she must not liable to any of these – having been found guilty of (a) any offense pertaining to domestic violence; or (b) any offense which is of sexual nature in the 7 years prior to the date of application is made. An individual found guilty of any of the above means he/she does not qualify for supporting an application. In this case, the individual does not meet the character requirements, and thus is not eligible to support an application, unless granted a character waiver.
Let us have a look at the evidence that could support that a supporting partner meets the character requirements needed to support a partnership category application:
- Character checks against the supporting partner must be carried out. All partners, aged minimum 17 and above must go through character checks for supporting partnership category applications.
- The character checks must consist of the following:
- (a) A Kiwi police certificate obtained by the INZ; OR
- (b) A police certificate or similar certificate from any country of the world where the supporting partner has lived for minimum 1 year in the 7-year period prior to the date the partnership category application is made. Point to REMEMBER: the certificate must be less than 6 months old.
In case if a supporting partner is not able to obtain a police certificate from a particular country, under such a circumstance, he/she must provide a separate statuary declaration, which states the following:
- Details which support that the supporting partner has made efforts to obtain a police certificate; AND
- Whether the supporting partner has been found guilty of violating the law of that particular country; AND
- Other information that confirms the supporting partner’s character.
This separate statuary declaration must be in English, as well as in the supporting partner’s first language.
If you are interested in applying for a residence permit to New Zealand, mail following information ASAP at [email protected] for a free of charge assessment by Ajay Sharma, principal consultant, ABHINAV.
- Your updated resume if skilled professional, or if businessmen, then brief on business profile along with information on your current personal net worth.
- If married, provide the resume for your spouse as well.
- If applicable, please provide information on children and their age.
- Information on any blood relatives residing in New Zealand. This is not a mandatory requirement to qualify for immigration to New Zealand, but this surely serves as additional positive assessment and suitability factor.