This article deals with the dependent children, aged below 16, whose one of the parents is a New Zealand citizen or a residence class visa holder. A dependent child is eligible to be granted a NZ residence class visa, if the minor’s NZ citizen or resident parent meets the following requirements:
- When one of the parents of a child of aged below 16 is a Kiwi citizen or a residence class visa holder, and other is not, the former must have the right to remove the minor from its nation of residence.
- A child, whose one of the parents is not a NZ citizen or resident, the minor will not be granted a NZ residence class visa, unless his/her NZ resident parent provides evidence to the INZ supporting his/her right to remove the minor from its nation of residence.
- Evidence to support right to remove the minor from its nation of residence where one of his/her parents is not a NZ resident or citizen, however, they are not separated or divorced must include- (a) the certified written statement signed by both the parents which confirms that they are not separated or divorced; (b) the original copy of the court order that permits the NZ resident parent to remove the minor from its nation of residence. This requirement does not apply to those on whom the LAST requirement applies.
- If due to the demise of one of the child’s parents only one parent possesses NZ residence class visa or Kiwi citizenship, then the death certificate of the other parent must be provided.
- If the immigration officials are convinced that by virtue of local law, the NZ resident parent holds the lawful right to custody of the minor; and satisfied that the local law does not require the parent to obtain individualized legal credentials to verify the custodial right, the INZ will consider that the NZ resident parent has the right to remove the minor from its nation of residence.
If you are interested in applying for a residence permit to New Zealand, mail following information ASAP at [email protected] for a free of charge assessment by Ajay Sharma, principal consultant, ABHINAV.
- Your updated resume if skilled professional, or if businessmen, then brief on business profile along with information on your current personal net worth.
- If married, provide the resume for your spouse as well.
- If applicable, please provide information on children and their age.
- Information on any blood relatives residing in New Zealand. This is not a compulsory requirement to qualify for immigration to New Zealand, but serves as additional positive assessment and suitability factor.