In the beautiful Maple Leaf Country, the demand for skilled Computer Network Technicians (NOC 2281) has increased lately. For these professionals, the job prospects are high; thanks to the extensive increase in investment in computer technology, Internet and internet sites employment opportunities have increased significantly. This increase is likely to grow. To meet the growing requirement, the Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) has listed the profession for Computer Network Technicians in the in-demand list under the FSW Program 2014.
These experts establish, manage, maintain and synchronize the use of local and wide area networks (LANs and WANs), mainframe networks, hardware, software and related computer equipment. They set up and continue Internet and intranet Web sites and Web-server hardware and software, and supervise and optimize network connectivity and performance. Mainly they are employed by the information technology units-both in private and public sectors.
Some Occupational Titles
- Internet Web site technician
- LAN (local area network) administrator
- LAN (local area network) technician
- Web technician
- Computer network technician
- Data centre operator
- Network administrator
- Network support technician
- Supervisor, computer network technicians
- System administrator
- Continue, troubleshoot and administer the use of local area networks (LANs), wide area networks (WANs), mainframe networks, computer workstations, connections to the Internet and peripheral equipment.
- Assess and install computer hardware, networking software, operating system software, and software applications.
- Work master consoles to monitor the performance of computer systems and networks, and to co-ordinate access and use of computer networks.
- Proffer problem-solving services to network users.
- Install, maintain, troubleshoot and upgrade Web-server hardware and software.
- Put into action network traffic and security monitoring software, and optimize server performance.
- Perform routine network start up and close down and maintain control records.
- Carry-out data backups and disaster recovery operations.
- Conduct tests and perform security and quality controls
- Control and monitor e-mail use, Web navigation, and installed software.
- Execute shell scripting or other basic scripting tasks
- Administer other workers in this group.
Key Educational Requirements
A graduation or post graduation degree in computer science, network administration, Web technology or in any related field. Some Canadian employers can also ask for certification or training provided by software vendors.
Canada Federal Skilled Worker program is most trusted immigration program and much awaited by intended immigrants. For year 2014, 1000 petitions will be admitted. However, if you have an arranged job, this cap is not applicable for you.
Under the FSW Program, an applicant is assessed on the basis of old Point System. Scoring minimum 67 is mandatory to qualify. The applicant’s financial ability to support himself and his family post immigration is also considered.
The process is trusted worldwide only giving chance to the best applicants to come and work in the nation. Though it is not mandatory, it’s advisable to consult a Canada immigration expert before submitting your application to avoid any confusion.