Hong Kong is one of the most sought after immigration destinations across the world. Every year, a large number of people apply for Hong Kong Immigration under its Quality Migrant Admission Scheme (QMAS). This particular immigration program is designed to attract highly skilled overseas workers for the economic growth of the nation.
Usually, immigrants – for obtaining employment opportunities, residing, or stating business in the nation — apply for immigration to Hong Kong under the Quality Migrant Admission Scheme. Successful candidates are allowed to bring in their spouse and dependent children (unmarried and below 18 years of age) under a condition that they (approved applicants) have to financially support their family members on their own resources in the country.
Certain basic criteria have to be fulfilled by the applicants to qualify for the said scheme, including:
- Be least 18 years of age at the time of submitting an application.
- Have the capability to financially support self and dependents, and also in getting accommodations for self or both.
- Possess good character with no criminal records, besides no negative immigration background to the country. The applicants also have to provide clearance certificate to Police, for all nations wherein they have stayed for over the period of 12 months over the past 10 years.
- Have both written and spoken skills on English or Chinese language. Those with an average score of 6.0 in the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) become eligible for the QMAS.
- Have a sound educational background. Ideally, an undergraduate degree from a prominent university or educational institution in first class is expected. However, in case an applicant doesn’t hold any degree, his technical education, work experience and other forms of achievements will be counted.