The Government of Alberta has initiated an Alberta Immigration Nominee Program (AINP) to help the people realize their immigration dreams. The objective of this program is to allow talented people to work and settle in Alberta which would boost its economic conditions. Within this program, there are various categories under which an applicant can apply for. One of the categories of this program is Engineering Occupation Category which is created especially for engineers, designers and drafters who are looking forward to immigrate to Alberta.
Eligibility criteria for an applicant to apply for this category are the following:
- An applicant must either be living in Alberta or should be able to show his intentions to settle in Alberta permanently.
- An applicant must have some proof showing his successful completion of education or training in his field (as engineer, designer or drafter).
- An applicant must either be working with an Alberta employer currently or must have worked in Alberta for at least two years.
- An applicant must have worked with his employer either directly or on a contractual basis.
- The occupation of an applicant must come under AINP Strategic Recruitment Stream-Engineering Occupation List.
The criteria mentioned above are based on general information and one can refer to the official website of Citizenship and Immigration Canada for more detailed and specific information. For professional help and guidance, you can also contact any immigration and visa consultancy.