Permanent Residence in Australia
With the number of occupation lists released in the year 2017, the Visa State Nominated Subclass 190 has suddenly become a subject of real importance among those who wish to get Permanent Residence in Australia. A large number of Australia motivated permanent applicants are applying under the said category.
Let’s make the things easy for such applicants and discuss the category in detail!
As the Australian Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull abolished the Visa Subclass 457, and shortened the Federal Skilled Occupation List, the Visa Subclass 190 has become the most applied category. It is basically a permanent category and allows the visa holder to live and work in the country indefinitely, but they are not considered as the Australian citizens. To become one they will have to wait for at least four years and fulfill several important requirements.
It is also one of the two important permanent visas that falls under the General Skilled Migration Scheme (GSM) of the country.
State Nominated Subclass 190–Important Features
- Since it is a state nominated category, to get an Invitation to Apply (ITA) it is mandatory for the applicant to obtain a state or territory nomination.
- To present a petition, you must first check the state occupation list and if your occupation is listed under the same else you can pick an occupation that matches with your education, skills and experience. Also you must not forget to get your skill assessment done by an authorized authority.
- Submit and Expression of Interest (EOI) through SkillSelect. If you have not received an ITA for two years, your EOI will automatically expire, and at any stage if you wish to change your EOI, you can only do so prior receiving an ITA.
- To become eligible for the Visa Subclass 190, it is mandatory that you score at least 60 points on the basis of various key factors. It’s a passing benchmark under the category set by the Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP).
- It has been observed approximately 70% of the received applications are approved within 9 to 10 months. Though the processing time depends on many factors such as submission of required documents, complete application submitted on time, documents verification, etc.
What are the benefits of acquiring Permanent Residence in Australia through Subclass 190?
Some of the benefits enjoyed by the visa holders are as follow:-
- Live, work and study in the country indefinitely.
- Entitled to access subsidized healthcare facilities.
- Access many social benefits.
- Travel in and out of the country any number of times.
- Apply for Australian citizenship once you have lived in the country for at least four years.
- Sponsor family members for the Australian Permanent Residency (PR).
If you are applying for the Permanent Residence in Australia apply through an Australia Immigration Consultant. The PR visa application submitted under the guidance of an expert cuts down the chances of refusal.