Before you consider immigrating to the Canadian province of Prince Edward Island, this should be kept in mind that of late the province is not considering any application for the Immigrant Partner category of the Provincial Nominee Program. Still, you should have little know-how of the category, which may help you in the future when the province will consider applications for the category.
The Immigrant Partner category is basically for those international individuals who wish to make investment in some businesses in Prince Edward Island and intend to participate in the businesses as directors or senior managers. Here are a few eligibility criteria for the Immigrant Partner category of the PEI Provincial Nominee Program:
- Applicants must have minimum personal wealth of 400,000 Canadian Dollars.
- Applicants must make an investment of 200,000 Canadian Dollars in an eligible business in the province.
- Applicants must deposit a refundable goof faith amount of 25,000 Canadian Dollars. The amount is returned to the nominees after the completion of one year of residence in the province.
- The under-capable applicants when it comes to language (English or French) proficiency must deposit a refundable amount of 20,000 Canadian Dollars with the Prince Edward Island government. The amount is returned once the applicants are able to demonstrate acceptable level of language skills after their arrival in the province.
- Applicants’ age must be between 21 and 49 years.
- Applicants must have at least twelve years of education.
- Applicants must have at least five years of experience in owning a business or managing one. The sector of business must be relevant to the economy of Prince Edward Island.
Learn more about the category from an Immigration and Visa Consultant!