Immigration Options in FSTP
The Maple Leaf Country is a booming trade country, for the skilled workers it is a country of rising opportunities and economic prosperity. In order to keep its economy in flow, every year the Federal Government, recruits a large number of trained employees. Learn in detail about different immigration options in FSTP.
To lure such workers, the Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) has left no stones unturned, and it has introduced an effective programme called as the Federal Skilled Trades Programme (FSTP).
The programme opens gate of opportunities to large number of skilled workers from every part of the world, and the major plus point is eligible applicants are granted a Permanent Residence (PR) straight away, but the scheme has strict eligibility criteria as well.
Let’s have a look at the various immigration options in FSTP!
The eligibility criteria under the same are as follow:
- The applicant must have a job offer from at least two Canadian employers in the country for a minimum period of one year, or else he must have a certificate of qualification from a province or territory.
- He must be fluent in either one of the two languages, i.e., French or English.
- He must have at least two years of work experience in the last five years or the equivalent amount of experience gained during the last five years.
- He must be able to prove that he has the required skills and experience demonstrating that he has performed the required duties in the respective field.
- He must intend to reside outside Quebec.
- He must meet other requirements and job requirements of the occupation of the trade as outlined in the country’s National Occupation Classification (NOC) List.
The programme does not require a specific degree. However, a degree, diploma, or a post secondary certificate is an added advantage. The aspirant must also submit an Educational Credentials Assessment from an authorized agency.
It is of utter importance that the applicant has an experience from one of the following groups mentioned on the country’s NOC.
- 72:- industrial, electrical and construction trades
- 73: maintenance and equipment operation trades
- 82: supervisors and technical jobs in natural resources, agriculture and related production,
- 92: processing, manufacturing and utilities supervisors and central control operators,
- 632: chefs and cooks, and
- 633: butchers and bakers.
Immigration Options in FSTWP
Since the Express Entry System came into existence, applications under the Federal Skilled Trades Programme (FSTP) will be accepted under Express Entry System though the applicant can apply directly as well. Applying through the Express Entry means the application will be processed at the faster pace, and there will be no back long. The waiting period the maximum time for application processing has been fixed to six months only.
Using the Express Entry, candidates can create an online profile and he must be ready to compete in the Express Entry Pool with other applicants.