Australia and the Australian Department of Home Affairs (DHA) run an amazing online express immigration facility for those who are skilled and/or trained and/or have business experience, and it is called SkillSelect. It is entirely merit and points based. You get points on the basis of your personal and professional qualities. And this decides if you are really eligible for migration to the country and making a contribution to the Australian economy. But how does one figure the points and his eligibility? Well, for this purpose, you have a very good tool in the Australia Skilled Immigration Points Calculator.
But before we talk more about Australia Skilled Immigration Points Calculator, let’s discuss what options you have for skilled immigration to the destination!
Australia Skilled Immigration Options
If one talks about skilled immigration to Australia options, well, you have numerous easy to follow and good ones, and they are:
- Skilled Independent Subclass 189 – you do not require having sponsorship though your specific line-of-work must find mention on the new Skilled Occupations List (SOL).
- Skilled Nominated Subclass 190 – you need to have nomination from an Australian State or Territory Government. Besides your profession must be given on the Consolidated Sponsored Occupations List (CSOL).
- Skilled Regional (Provisional) Subclass 489 – To get a visa under this stream, you need sponsorship from either a relative residing in a designated area or a state or territory administration.
Coming back to Australia Points Calculator and the attributes that the Skilled Immigration Points Calculator for Australia takes into consideration to award you points, these are the ones:
- Age: Maximum 30 points if you are between 25 and 32 years old. It means those in the prime of their youth have an edge.
- English Language ability: Maximum 20 points in case you have superior English. English is widely spoken and understood in Oz and so if you have superior skills in the language it will obviously go in your favor and you will be preferred by the government.
- Australian educational qualification: Maximum 5 points if you have not less than one degree, diploma or trade qualification from an educational organization of the nation that fulfills the specific Australian study requirements.
- Specialist education qualification: Again maximum 5 points if you are armed with either a Masters degree by research or a Doctorate degree from an Australian educational organization that comprised not less than two academic years in a pertinent domain.
- Qualifications A Doctorate degree from an Australian educational establishment or a Doctorate from a different educational organization that is of a recognized standard will fetch you 20 points.
- Overseas employment experience during the previous 10 years: Experience of 8-10 years will fetch you 15 points.
- Australian employment experience through the preceding 10 years An experience of 8-10 years will help you grab 20 points.
- Maximum 10 points on the basis of these factors
OTHER FACTORS POINTS
- Nomination by state/territory administration (subcategory 190 only) will fetch you 5 points.
- Nomination by state/territory administration or sponsorship by an entitled family member to reside and do a job in regional Australia (subcategory 489 only) will fetch you 10 points.
- Credentialed community language qualifications (duly recognized by the National Accreditation Authority for Translators and Interpreters (NAATI) will help you grab 5 points.
- Study and adaptability of low population growth metropolitan area of Oz will land 5 points in your pocket.
- Partner skills involve the eligibility requirements (qualified in case only partner is being made a part in the petition) will help you grab 5 points.
So this is how the Australia Skilled Immigration Points Calculator functions and awards points to the aspirants. For Skilled Immigration to Australia, you need getting not less than 65 points, out of the 100 points up-for-grabs.
Visit the website of any well-known immigration consultancy such as Abhinav Outsourcings Pvt. Ltd., for example and use the free Australia Skilled Immigration Points Calculator given on it to figure your chances of skilled immigration to Australia!