Are you looking forward to live and work in Alberta permanently? Then Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program (AINP) can surely help you in your Canadian immigration process. The AINP is a program initiated by the Government of Alberta and was brought out by the Immigration and Employment Ministry in association with Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC).
There are various categories under which an applicant can apply for immigration in Alberta. The international graduate category is one of the categories that come under AINP. This category includes skilled occupations which require the applicants to have some formal education or professional training in the occupation under which he is applying. These occupations are classified as Skill Level 0, A or B under the National Occupation Classification (NOC) Code.
Following are the criteria for AINP candidates under the International Graduate Category:
- If a candidate has completed his education in Alberta, then he must have some diploma or degree from authorized institution. Or, he must have completed his graduation from a public funded community college or some private institution which must be government authorized.
- AINP can also consider those candidates who have completed their education from Alberta public or private post-secondary schools.
- If the candidate has completed his education from outside Alberta but from Canada only, then his qualification must be equivalent to a graduate level program from an authorized college or institution.
- The time period of the graduation program must be a minimum of two years at the undergraduate level or at least one year at the graduate level.
- An international graduate must have been secured as a permanent full-time employee with an employer in Alberta.
- The work permit for an international graduate has to be for a minimum of six months with an employer in a skilled occupation.
So, if you are planning to migrate to Alberta and fulfill the above criteria, then your chances to be migrated are quite high. For further information, you can contact any immigration and visa consultants for professional help and guidance.