Canada has always been at the forefront of the fight against Covid-19. During the pandemic, the Canadian government has ensured that people shouldn’t suffer from the economic impact. Therefore, they have implemented several public welfares and financial relief packages to support the businesses, families, and individuals affected by the economic slowdown. Most recently, the Canadian PM has announced the packages that generate more benefits for the people.
Even though Canada Immigration took a heavy toll in 2020, the Govt plans to back the immigration system on track this year.
Benefits for Small Business Owners:
- Canada Emergency Rent Subsidy– It can cover up to 65% of your business rent. And, if your business is within the lockdown zone, then the subsidy will rise to 90%.
- Canada Emergency Business Account – offers an interest-free loan of up to CAD 60,000 for small business owners.
- Canada Emergency Rent Subsidy– It covers 75% of an employee’s wages for qualifying employers. The Govt extended the subsidy till Jun 2021.
Benefits for Self-Employed Individuals:
Canada Recovery Benefit – It provides CAD 500 per week for up to 26 weeks for those whose work has stopped or income reduced by 50% due to Covid-19. It also covers those professionals who are not eligible for Employment Insurance.
- Canada Recovery Sickness Benefit – It provides CAD 500 per week for a maximum of two weeks
- Canada Recovery Caregiving Benefit – It provides CAD 500 per week for up to 26 weeks per household
Benefits for Individuals:
- Employment Insurance – Individuals and employees receive CAD 500 per week. If you are not eligible for the insurance, you have the provision of Recovery benefits mentioned-above.
- Mortgage Payment Deferral – Homeowners may be eligible for a Mortgage Payment Deferral wherein the applicant can pause or suspend the mortgage for a certain amount of time.
Considering the above list of public welfare benefits and scheme, we must understand that Govt. supports and financially take care of its Canada PR Visa holders and citizens. These residents get direct service from the Govt. without any middlemen or hindrance.
Do you wish to enjoy these benefits in these challenging times of Covid-19 and economic recession? Apply for Canada Immigration with the Global Immigration Leaders Abhinav Immigration Services. For more details, call us at 8595338595, or you may reach us at [email protected]