Are you a trained ICT Support Engineer, and motivated with immigration to a hot overseas destination? If yes, you will be pleased to know that as per the standards set by Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations, at the present, there is a huge scope for well-paying employment opportunities in the country.
The ICT Support Engineers mentioned under 263212 ANZSCO are also referred as Support Analyst or Support Architect. Currently, your line-of-work finds mention on the ANZSCO Code 263212. It means you are ‘officially’ wanted in Oz and you can take your professional career to the dizzying heights of glory even as you gain the cherished Permanent Residence (PR) status in the country of your dreams.
‘Oz’ or ‘Down Under’ is arguably the Number 1 immigration destination–especially for the skilled professionals who do not hesitate to experiment with opportunities in a foreign country. Oz is an immigrant- friendly, multi-cultural democratic country. Some recent amendments made in the nation’s visa process have made the country all the more favorite.
The process has now been made faster and easy-to-follow. The nation’s main attractions are its quality life style, well developed health and educational facilities, economic prosperity, political stability, etc.
Coming back to the 263212 ICT Support Engineers, these professionals monitor, develop support procedure and strategy for systems, networks, operating systems and applications development, solve problems and provide technical expertise and direction in support of system infrastructure and process improvements, and also resolve complex system problems.
By and large, these professionals work indoor–either in offices or conference rooms. The work place is adequate and healthy. Favoritism in any form is strictly not allowed. The profession has been mentioned on the Consolidated Sponsored Occupations List and the RSMS Occupations List.
- Schedule and carry-out quality audit checks.
- Evaluate and appraise systems, documentation and relevant data.
- Spot variations and high risk areas in securing adherence to standards and methods.
- Advise action plans and improvements in the resolution of non-compliance with standards found, via monitoring and auditing of processes and processes.
- Communicate, educate and coordinate with users to guarantee awareness and adherence to standards, procedures and quality control issues and activities.
- Aid in troubleshooting, diagnose, test and resolve system issues.
- Develop, carry-out and offer technical direction.
- Make available training in application software and operational processes.
- Investigate, evaluate and make a diagnosis of technical problems and issues such as installation, maintenance, restore, improve and configuration and troubleshooting of desktops, software, hardware, printers, Internet, e-mail, databases, operating systems and security systems.
- Test, recognize, and diagnose functional faults in systems and programming code within well-known testing protocols, guidelines and quality standards to make certain that the systems perform to specification.
- Carry-out organizational systems architecture reviews and evaluations.
- Advise present and future hardware and software strategies and directions.
- Generate and review technical documentation, like procedural, instructional and operational guides and manuals, technical reports and specifications and maintenance inventory systems.
These professionals require a level of skill commensurate with a Bachelor Degree or higher qualification along with not less than 5 years of related experience. Germane vendor certification may substitute for the prescribed qualification. In rare cases–apart from the prescribed qualification–applicable experience, and/or first-hand training, could be required.