Want to explore a completely different and easy immigration process via Canada PNP? The Priority skills NL is the answer. It is an immigration process designed for the Atlantic province of Newfoundland and Labrador. Here are the reasons why this immigration process could be of benefit to you:
- The priority Skills NL process is much easier and has fewer requirements since it is independent of the Express Entry program.
- No required of any Canadian job offer
- Language score as low as CLB 5
- Only work experience for one year is required
- Also, there is no involvement of any application fee as well
In this way, you can apply for Canada PR Visa for yourself and your family without paying a dime from your pocket. Newfoundland and Labrador is a significant producer of iron and copper ore. In addition to the pulp and paper industry, other businesses are involved in producing wood products and building and repairing ships. Even the Food and Beverage industry is thriving in this province, with many people in those industries.
How does Priority Skills NL work?
- You must apply to the province separately by submitting an Expression of Interest (EOI) towards Newfoundland and Labrador. It means you need to fill a questionnaire while creating your EOI based on which you can score points on a points-scoring grid.
- If you fetch a high score, you will be required to make a complete application, after which you will get a PNP (nomination) certificate. You can use this to get a Canada PR for you as well as your family.
The Priority Skills NL program designed for?
The Canada PNP Priority Skills NL is created for two sets of individuals:
- Individuals who have experience in 35 in-demand NOCs in Newfoundland and Labrador. Work experience should be a minimum of 1 year in the last ten years. These occupations are from the domain of Healthcare, Tech, IT, and agricultural sectors.
- It is also for students who have finished their Ph.D. or Masters from Memorial University in Newfoundland and Labrador. These courses should have been completed in the last three years and should specialize in Tech, IT, Healthcare, Agriculture, and Aquaculture.
Eligibility Requirements for Priority Skills NL program
- You should have taken a language test (either IELTS or CELPIP) within the last year with a score of a minimum CLB 5 or more. Even though the test is valid for two years, for this program, you should not take it not more than one year before applying.
- Applicant should be a minimum of 21 years of age
- The intention of permanent residence in Newfoundland and Labrador can be done by signing an Undertaking document with the province
- If you are applying as an In-demand Academics candidate, you should complete your Ph.D. or Masters from Memorial University in Newfoundland and Labrador within the past three years
- If you are applying as an In-demand work applicant, you should have worked in any one of the 35 targeted occupations for at least a year in the last ten years.
How to Apply for Priority Skills NL program
Step 1 – Complete an Expression of Interest towards Newfoundland and Labrador. The EOI process will let you know whether you meet the minimum eligibility requirements to get an invitation. The questionnaire asks about your English or French-speaking potential, age, educational qualification, work experience, and whether you have family members who live in Newfoundland and Labrador. Based on your answers, you will receive an assessment score
Step 2 – If you meet the minimum requirement and score high, you will be asked to submit “Supporting documents” to support your EOI. The final decision for Invitation lies with the Office of Immigration and Multiculturalism. Your education, language ability, work experience, along with your supporting documents, will be assessed by Newfoundland and Labrador employers.
These documents are required for the employers to contact you and even offer you a job if needed. The Supporting documents are your CIC –Format CV, Education or work credentials or certificates, and your Cover Letter.
Step 3 – Once your profile is chosen, you will receive an Invitation to Apply to Newfoundland and Labrador via its PNP program. You will get the invite to the same e-mail address you used to register your EOI.
This Invitation will help you to submit an Canada PR Visa application via the online portal of the province. Suppose you meet the eligibility requirements for either Skilled Worker or Express Entry. In that case, you will receive Provincial Nomination Certificate to use for your Canada PR application.
You can include your family members in the PR application and can get PR for all to move to Newfoundland and Labrador. The processing time for the skilled worker pathway takes almost 18 months, whereas Express Entry takes six months.
Need to know more about the list of these occupations? Get in touch with our certified immigration consultants by ringing us at 8595338595 or mail us at [email protected]