The Skilled Regional Sponsored Visa is meant for Skilled Workers planning to migrate in a regional area in Australia (preferably low populated.) It is a temporary visa valid for a period of 3 years.
- The applicant must be under 45 years of age at the time of lodging the application.
- Along with having proficiency in the English language, it is mandatory to have vocational level English.
- Get sponsorship from an authorized State or Territory government
- Get sponsorship from their appointed Regional Certifying Body
- Nominate an occupation on the Skilled Occupations List and score a minimum of 100 points on the General Skilled Migration Test
- Show a proof of positive skills assessment and have all the required documentation.
- Meet the mandatory health requirements and sign an undertaking that they will live and work in the designated area for the mentioned tenure.
- Remember that every region (like wise South Australia) has its own list of occupation, for which it becomes essential to qualify for the same and get approval from the assessment authority.
Stages: After fulfilling the mandatory requirements and piling all the necessary documentation, applicants can apply for PR through a 2 Stage process:
- Stage 1: SIR (Provisional) Visa Stage: Prospective applicants would be given a 3 year Temporary Visa
- Stage 2: Permanent Resident Stage: if applicants have met the conditions like living for 2 years in the designated area and employed for a minimum of 1 year in regional Australia, they are eligible to apply for the Permanent Visa (subclass 887).
Hire the services of an Immigration expert to know more.