International skilled workers are allowed to immigrate to the Canadian province of Northwest Territories under the Skilled Worker Category of the Northwest Territories Nominee Program. The category is employer-driver, which means the employers of the province are allowed to choose international skilled people and hire them for positions that could be filled by local Canadians.
People who get nominated by the Northwest Territories Nominee Program’s Skilled Worker category find it easier to obtain the permanent residency in Canada. Let’s have a look at the eligibility criteria for the applicants, as well as the employers who intend to make use of this category:
Eligibility criteria for employers:
- All sponsoring employers must be the ones that are registered in Northwest Territories/Canada. They are required to be in operation in the province for a minimum period of 12 months.
- Employers must demonstrate that they put full efforts in order to recruit Canadian permanent residents/citizens in the positions which are eventually offered to international workers.
- All employers must acquire a Labor Market Opinion.
Eligibility criteria for applicants:
- Applicants must have an guaranteed, permanent employment offer from an employer based in Northwest Territories.
- The job offer to an applicant must fall under the occupational levels of ‘A’, ‘B’ or ‘O’ of the NOC Matrix.
- Applicants must have the necessary language skilled to be employed in Northwest Territories.
- Applicants must not be asylum claimants.
To know about other eligibility criteria, contact an Immigration and Visa consultant!