The Skilled Worker category of the Prince Edward Island Provincial Nominee Program aims at meeting the labor shortage requirements of the province. The category gives the province’s employers the opportunity to choose foreign workers with required skills to fill up positions that the local Canadian citizens or permanent residents lack to be eligible to fill up positions.
This particular category of the PNP of Prince Edward Island also allows internationals skilled workers to immigrate to the province with their families, engage in work and thereafter obtain the permanent resident Canada. In order to be able to immigrate to the province, the program expects every foreign applicant to meet certain eligibility criteria. Let us have a look at some of them:
- All applicants are required to undergo self-assessment and in this they have to score minimum points of 50. The self-assessment is done on the basis of the applicants’ education, training and many more factors.
- Applicants must boast an employment offer from a Prince Edward Island employer
- Applicants must possess the qualifications, as well as the necessary training required for the position offered by the PEI employer.
- Applicants must have the sufficient command over English or French language to be able to fit the position offered.
- Applicants must have the intention to settle permanently in the province of Prince Edward Island.
These are not only the requirements that foreign applicants are expected to fulfill by the PEI PNP. There may be other eligibility criteria as well. Thus, it is recommended to contact an Immigration and Visa Consultant, if you wish to immigrate to Canada through the PNP of Prince Edward Island!