Structural Engineer is the occupation which is listed in the ANZSCO list of occupation and hence, is one of the much demanded occupations in Australia. Needless to say that the occupation of ‘Structural Engineers’ is in much demand in the land of Kangaroos. Also, it is listed in both Schedule 3 and Schedule 4, hence applicants qualifying in both have the advantage of applying in either of the two schedules. Also, it is NOT mandatory to fulfill all the duties linked with this profession.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- The main task includes determining construction methods and ensuring that the material used are of quality standards.
- The applicant needs to organize site labor. In addition, he has to take care of facets like delivery of construction material and other mandates related with plant and equipments.
- Check the soil and rock sample at various sites.
- Study the drawings and monitor changes to the drawings.
- Designing structures and take care they don’t collapse.
- Take care of the travel flow patterns and design the physical facets of transportation system.
- It is mandatory for the applicant to have a minimum qualification of a bachelor degree or higher education.
- Some companies would ask you to show additional relevant experience concerned with your field.
- On-the-job training may be demanded in few instances.
To know more, mail at firstname.lastname@example.org