Submit Visa Application for Australia under These Skilled Worker Categories!

Visa Application for Australia

Do you wish to present a visa application for Australia under a skilled worker category? If yes, this article is for you!

There is a wide number of Work Visa options for immigrating to Australia which is dependent on the work that you are willing to do. If you have qualifications or skills that the nation requires, an employer should sponsor you or the Australian Government should send an invitation for applying.

Visa Application for Australia
Visa Application for Australia

It is also possible to apply for a visa if you are willing to make business trips for short duration of time. You can also apply for establishing or managing a new or existing business venture, investing in the country, participating in a cultural, short professional or social activity in the country.

For submitting this kind of visa application for Australia, you require a passport with at least 6 months of validity, 2 to 4 recent photographs, job offer letter, proficiency in English language, mark sheets, resume, assessment of personal character, travel as well as health insurance, proof of dependents, good conduct documentation.

Now let’s check the top Skilled Worker Visa categories!

Subclass 186 or Employer Nomination Scheme

It is a Permanent Residence Visa which is meant for the skilled workers. It lets you work in the country under one of the following streams:

The Direct Entry Stream

The Temporary Residence Transition Stream

The Agreement Stream


You can get this visa in case:

  1. You have nomination by an approved employer in the nation.
  2. You are less than 50 years of age unless you are exempt.
  3. You meet the qualifications, skills, and requirements of English language unless you are exempt.

Subclass 189 or Skilled Independent Visa

Point tested skilled workers who are willing to stay and work in the country and who are not sponsored by a family member or employer or nominated by territory or state government can apply for this visa.


For applying for this visa, you require submitting an Expression of Interest (EoI) and be invited after that, via SkillSelect for applying. You can be in or outside the country when you are applying or when the visa is being granted. If you are in the country, it is required that you have a Bridging or Substantive Visa.

  1. You should be less than 50 years of age.
  2. You should have procured a suitable assessment of skills for that specific occupation.
  3. You must have the nomination of the occupation which is on the relevant Skilled Occupation List (SOL).
  4. You must have language proficiency and achieved a score which is specified in the letter of invitation which is dependent on the factors present in the points test.

Subclass 190 or Skills Nominated Visa

This is a Permanent Residence Visa which is meant for the points tested skilled workers who have been nominated by territory or state government agency. It lets them live and work in the nation as a permanent resident.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

* indicates required field