Temporary Visa Categories: New Zealand

Temporary Visas are a great option to consider, if you are unable or struggling to immigrate to New Zealand on permanent basis! There are a number of options that come under the Temporary Visa Category- Work Permit; Study Visa; and Working Holiday Visa. Let’s find out what are these visa options and what they may require you to meet as prerequisites.

  • Work Permit: This temporary visa is for you, if a New Zealand employer is offering you with an employment opportunity. In other words, Work Visas are issued by the Immigration New Zealand to workers from overseas in order to meet specific skills shortages in the country. This visa is granted only for the duration as per the employment contract, or for maximum three years.
  • Study Visa: If you are intending to take a short course in New Zealand and that may require you to stay there over three months, you need to obtain a Study Visa for you! This visa will also allow you to work up to twenty hours on a week. However, if you are going to take a short course that requires you to stay in the country for less than three months, then you will not be required to apply for a Student Visa, a visitor visa will work.
  • Working Holiday Visa: Under this type of visa category, citizens from certain countries are given the opportunity to undertake short-term employment in New Zealand, while traveling the country. This visa is usually granted for one year, however, with an exception of two years for UK citizens. This doesn’t permit an individual to undertake permanent employment.

To know more about the various New Zealand visa options, contact an Immigration and Visa Consultant!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

* indicates required field