When it comes to an Immigration Representative, the most important for you is to decide whether you would want to hire a representative or not. A representative does not hold any special privileges which would ensure you a visa. His main job is to represent your application on your behalf. With this, he would also advice and guides you accordingly through the entire process.
However, if you feel that hiring the services of a representative would be apt for you, then we suggest you to go through the following tips before hiring one.
- Ask for references and recommendations from your friends and associates. Contact many representatives; interact with them before selecting one to represent your case.
- Try and get to know more of the background of the representative in question. This can include his total years of work experience and whether they are registered or not.
- Discuss the services that they would offer and the fee that they would be charging. More importantly, get all the important information in writing.
- Be ready with your queries before your first meeting so that even the representative gets a clear picture of your requirements. This way even if the representative is fraudulent, it would be easy for you judge.
- Most importantly, check the authenticity of the representative in question.
After selecting your representative, you must look into the following aspects –
- Ensure that you sign a written contract with your representative. More so, read it carefully before signing and agreeing to the terms and conditions.
- Never leave your original documents with the representative.
- Also, do not sign on any blank application forms or documents.
- Read all the documents very carefully and sign only if you are satisfied with what is written on it.
- Get a receipt for all your payments.
- Ensure that you are updated at all times regarding your application status by your representative.
- In the midst of the process, if you feel that the services are not up to the mark, you can always close the deal there and then. However, changing your representative would require you to inform the CIC as well.
- Your representative’s name and contact details should be mentioned on you application form, in spite of the representative being a paid or an unpaid one.
- Also, your application would be rejected if your paid representative is not a member of the one of the designated bodies.
All in all, it is extremely important that your representative is a genuine one before you pay and avail his services.