Despite the pandemic, there is no stopping for the Canada PR Visa application process and approvals. Due to the travel restrictions, only Foreign Skilled Worker Program applicants have experienced a halt. Otherwise, all other immigration programs of Canada are working steadfastly. The immigration department is giving more preference to the temporary workers in Canada and International Graduates. However, the provinces regularly conduct draws and grant nominations to overseas candidates to meet their labor and market requirements. Thousands of overseas skilled professionals have received nominations from different provinces and are currently waiting to withdraw travel restrictions.
According to the trend, the IRCC has issued almost 100,000 ITAs this year. Let’s take a look at the latest Invitations and Nomination the Federal Immigration and Provincial Authorities:
- IRCC conducted two PNP specific Express Entry draws, which granted 627 invitations in the first draw and 462 invitations in the second draw
- In July, Ontario conducted several draws by inviting a total of 2907 eligible candidates under various streams such as Ontario Entrepreneur Stream, Employer Job Offer – Foreign Worker & International Student Streams, In-Demand Skills Stream, and Human Capital Priorities Stream.
- In July, Alberta conducted a sole draw by inviting 181 candidates with a minimum CRS score of 301 under the Canada Points Calculator.
- Saskatchewan province announced four different rounds of invitations that invited a total of 570 qualified applicants
- The July months belong to Manitoba, which had a record-breaking provincial draw for the first time. The total invitations for the province are 1,417 under Skilled Workers in Manitoba, Skilled Workers Overseas, and International Education Stream.
- British Columbia granted 885 invitations to eligible candidates under the Express Entry BC and Skills Immigration Streams in July.
- The smallest province Prince Edward Island invited 127 invitations, of which 118 were given to Express Entry and Labour Impact Candidates. The remaining nine were granted to Business Impact applicants who had minimum Canada PR points of 60.