With innovations in technology, the field of science has always been booming with new technologies and inventions coming about. As one of the developed nations in the world, the nation would always be upbeat to make it better. And so, the Research and Development sector in the nation in Canada is always booming. Over the years, it has been seen that the number of biologists and other scientists have increased in number. Specific fields such as human genome, genetically modified organisms, pharmacology etc are some of the booming sectors in the nation. It is being anticipated that in the coming years, the number of scientists are going to increase tremendously. The various designations under this field include immunologist, ecologist and anatomist and so on. Thus, the occupation of Biologists and Related Scientists in Canada is present in Canada’s new list of 29 occupations for immigration under federal skilled worker program.
Qualifying Criteria for Immigration
- An applicant should at least have a bachelors degree in Biology or higher.
- An experience of at least one year in research or as a scientist specializing in the field of biology or related areas.
- A person must have an experience of around 2-4 years; although the actual number of years of experience to apply under this occupation is dependent on many factors such as whether the applicant is married and his English language skills.
Duties & Responsibilities
A biologist is subject to perform (some/all) the duties mentioned below:
- Planning and conducting environmental studies, characteristics pertaining to the functions as well as the behavior of the plants and animals. Along with this, the distribution, structure and the population studies.
- Conducting experiments on the growth of plants and animals, breeding and heredity.
- Classification, identification and studying the specimens of plants and animals.
- The incumbent might have to supervise biological technicians and technologists as well as other scientists.
- Conducting studies on environmental impact and ecology and preparing reports for the same.
- Planning for the effective management of renewable sources.
However, with each job, the duties and responsibilities vary. Thus, based on the qualification, an individual would be subject to a particular occupation in this field. Incase, you are in the field of sciences, it is highly recommended that you write to us ASAP. This is because the chances are very high that you would qualify for the same. Write to us [email protected] to know more!
Above all, Canada being a developed nation provides lots of opportunities to highly educated personnel in the field of Research and Development. So, grab this opportunities to seek better standards for life.