Being one of the developed nations in the world, Canada offers loads of opportunities in the dental services and thereby for dentists. Canada has a highly advanced and established medical infrastructure. In majority of instances, dental services do not fall under medical healthcare benefit and hence, are highly beneficial to practicing and employed professionals. It has been noticed that in recent years, the demand for the number of dentists has increased drastically. This is because of the increased demand of the dental services in the nation as well as the growth in the labor pool. Thus, this occupation is present in Canada’s new list of 29 occupations for immigration under federal skilled worker program to Canada. An applicant under this category could either be employed as a dentist at a hospital or dispensary or self employed in his own clinic.
Qualifying Criteria for Employment
- An applicant must have at least a Bachelor’s degree as a Dentist.
- An applicant for Immigration under this category must have experience of at least one year as a Dentist or related field.
- Overall, a person must have experience of around 2-4 years; actual number of years of experience to apply under this occupation is dependent on many factors such as whether the applicant is married and his English language skills.
Duties & Responsibilities
Dentists in Canada are expected to perform some or all of the duties mentioned below:
- Cleaning and checking the patient’s teeth, gums etc. for diseases, injury or any form of decay. If found any ailment, suggesting appropriate treatment and remedy.
- Managing dental hygienists, dental assistants and other staff members.
- Executing oral and periodontal surgeries with other treatment.
- Extract, restore or replace diseased or decayed teeth.
- While performing, dentists have the option of specializing in specific areas such as orthodontics, endodontics, and oral radiology and so on.
- Instructing patients regarding hygiene pertaining to teeth.
- Denture fixing as well as catering to appliances for adjusting the abnormal positioning of the jaws and teeth.
With the boom in the economy and more people retiring, many positions are expected to be vacant for the dentists to apply. More so, Canada offers better standards for work and living, and an applicant does not need to have a job in prior for qualify for immigration.
So, if you are eligible under the above requirements, write to us at [email protected] and we will see to it that your process for immigration starts in no time.