The occupation of Industrial Electricians is one of the latest additions to the list of 29 occupations which were recently introduced by the Citizenship and Immigration Canada. From now on, the category of industrial electricians could be applied for under the Federal Skilled Migrant program. When it comes to applying for immigration to Canada, an applicant need not have a job in prior in order to qualify for the same. He is permitted to immigrate and search for a job once he lands.
- The applicant must have completed a four or a five year program in industrial electrician apprenticeship or should have a bachelor’s degree or a diploma in a related subject.
- An applicant must have the relevant work experience of at least one year.
- Overall, a person must have experience of around 2-4 years; actual number of years of experience to apply under this occupation is dependent on many factors such as whether the applicant is married and his English language skills.
Duties & Responsibilities
- An industrial electrician is expected to evaluate all the electrical and electronic equipment along with the components to check for current, resistance, voltage and continuity.
- Interpretation of drawings, code specifications for the schematics to decide on the layout for the installation of equipment.
- Repairing, testing and installing transformers, regulators, reactors, switchgear, switchboard meters etc. and maintaining them.
- Repairing, maintaining and troubleshooting the control systems and other relevant devises.
- Conducting programs on preventive maintenance as well as keeping maintenance records.
Apart from the above, there might be additional jobs which an industrial electrician would be expected to perform. If you are an industrial electrician intending to immigrate to Canada, write to us at [email protected] to know more.