The occupation of a crane operator features in the new list of 29 occupations which was recently introduced by Citizenship and Immigration Canada. With this occupation in the list, applicants can apply for permanent residency under the Federal Skilled Migrant program to Canada. The demand for crane operators has slowly been increasing which has led to increased job prospects in this particular sector.
- The applicant must have a Bachelors degrees or a one to three year apprenticeship program or must have taken up an industrial course in crane operating.
- An applicant for Immigration under this category must have experience of at least one year as a crane operator or related field.
- An applicant must have experience of around 2-4 years; actual number of years of experience to apply under this occupation is dependent on many factors such as whether the applicant is married and his English language skills.
Duties & Responsibilities
- A crane operator is required to operate tower cranes in order to position various equipments and materials at required place.
- His job profile also includes inspection prior the operation. Besides, such an operator calculates the weight and capacities of the crane before it is used for rigging and hoisting.
- A crane operator is also expected to operate cranes gantry cranes at harbors for loading and unloading ship cargo.
- He is also asked to operate cranes at railway yards, as well as offshore oil rigs and construction sites.
The above is just an overview of the job description of Crane Operators. Along with the aforementioned duties and responsibilities, they might be required to perform additional responsibilities. If you are a Crane Operator intending to immigrate to Canada, write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org to know more.