Overseas entrepreneurs are eligible to immigrate to any city in British Columbia under any of the categories of the BC PNP’s Business Immigration. The Business Immigration has three categories-
- Business Skills;
- Regional Business; and
- Strategic Projects.
Following are the requirements set by the Provincial Nominee Program of British Columbia for the applicants who wish to apply for immigration under the Regional Business:
- An applicant must invest personally a minimum amount of $200,000 (Canadian dollar) in order to set up the qualified business anywhere in British Columbia, but outside of the Metropolitan areas of Vancouver and Abbotsford.
- The applicant must own one-third of the business’ equity.
- The applicant must possess minimum net worth of $400,000 (Canadian dollar).
- The applicant must have plans to generate at least one new job for a Canadian citizen/PR.
- The applicant must possess the skills and necessary experience required to operate a commercially practicable business in British Columbia.
- The applicant must participate in the daily management of the business.
- The applicant must sign an agreement of performance with the Canadian province.
- The applicant must also come into agreement with the province for an agreement of deposit. However, this is applicable when an applicant wishes for immediate nomination to be PR in Canada.
It should also be kept in mind that applications can also be refused under certain circumstances, such as:
- If an applicant has an asylum claim in Canada that is still unresolved.
- If he/she is in Canada unlawfully.
- If he/she faces deportation order in Canada
- If he/she is being prohibited from entering Canada
To know more, contact an Immigration and Visa Consultant!