Canada Federal Skilled Worker Programme
Canada is the fifteenth largest economy of the world and provides ample of opportunities to people who are proficient and competent enough to derive benefits from it. The country is in great need of the skilled foreign workers and professionals to contribute further to their growing economy. Ottawa offers various skilled worker immigration programmes but in this article we’ll explore, in detail, about Canada Federal Skilled Worker Programme (FSWP).
It is available for those individuals with certain work experience who wish to reside in any province or territory outside of the province of Quebec. On January 1, 2015, the government executed a decision that the applications under the FSWP will be processed through the Express Entry immigration selection system.
Under this, the eligible candidates, who meet minimum entry criteria, first make an Expression of Interest (EoI) in immigrating to the destination, by creating an online Express Entry profile to the Express Entry Pool. The profiles are ranked under a Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS), and the candidates with the highest ranks will be considered for an Invitation to Apply (ITA) for the much sought after Permanent Residence (PR) in the country. Candidates receiving an invitation must submit a full application within 60 days.
To qualify for admission to the Express Entry Pool as a Federal Skilled Worker, applicants must meet the following conditions:
- They must have at least one year of continuous or full time or equivalent paid work experience in the past 10 years in a skilled occupation listed under the applicable National Occupational Classification (NOC) system.
- The work experience is essential to be classified within Skill Type 0 (Managerial Occupations), Skill Level A (Professional Occupations), or Skill Level B (Technical Occupations and Skilled Trades) under the NOC system.
- He must score the sufficient points under the skilled worker point grid comprising of the six selection factors.
- He must pass a minimum threshold of language ability in one of the nation’s two official languages, namely, English or French.
- Possess suitable settlement funding to support him or herself and any dependents after his or her arrival in the country.
- Undergo a successful security background and medical examination.
Please Note: The Federal Skilled Worker Government Processing Fees can vary with exchange rates and are subject to change. So keep a tab on the updates on the subject. You can do so by visiting the official websites of the Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).
If you meet the following requirements, your application will be reviewed by an Immigration Visa Officer and he/she will make a detailed analysis of all the information contained in the e-application and all the supporting documents, and assess the application against the current selection criteria. Once you are cleared, you will receive your visa.
However, it is also advisable to hire a skilled immigration consultant before you submit an application for any immigration plan to smoothen the process.
You can also watch this video which explains you everything about the Canada Express Entry and Federal Skilled Immigration Program.