Canada Startup Visa has a streamlined application process with scrutiny to mandatory forms, fees, information, and supporting documents. The process is known as Completeness Check, wherein the applicant sends the complete application to the Centralized Intake Office (CIO) in Sydney, Nova Scotia. And, the office conducts a thorough check according to the documents checklist. The process involves:
- Mention the application information in the Global Case Management System (GCMS).
- Recover the processing fee
- Send acknowledgment of receipt to the applicant
*GCMS is an integrated and worldwide system of the Canada Immigration Authority for processing applications for citizenship and immigration services.
Completeness Check for Canada Startup Visa Process:
Under the startup visa process, the designated investment body plays an essential part in selecting the startup business. These investment bodies (Venture Capital, Angel Investor Firm & Business Incubator) have the right to decide on the Confirmation of commitment certificate and letter of support for Canada Immigration.
- The designated investment entity sends a commitment certificate directly to the processing immigration office by email or courier.
- And, they send the letter of support to the applicant directly with the same validity period as the commitment certificate.
- The applicant must include the letter of support in their immigration application before the expiry date of the commitment certificate and letter of support.
- If the commitment certificate and letter of support get expired while applying, the application will be returned to the applicant by requesting to resubmit a valid letter of support
- The processing office conducts the below measures in the GCMS upon receiving the commitment certificate:
- Create every designated entity as an “Organization.”
- Combine all applicants with the chosen designated entity
- Create a client note under the applicant’s unique client identifier and inform officers about the receipt of the commitment certificate
- The processing office conducts the below measures in the GCMS upon receiving the Canada permanent residency Visa application:
- Examine the application is complete as per the document checklist
- Ensure the receipt of commitment certificate and letter of support
- Enter “SUD-FED” into the category field in the GCMS