The requirement of qualified Computer Programmers and Interactive Media Developers in Canada has increased intensively. The demand for computer services comes in part from households, but mainly from businesses sector. Lately, the Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) has mentioned the profession under the Canada FSW Immigration 2014 Plan.
Computer Programmers change, write, put together and test computer code for microcomputer and mainframe software applications, process data application, operate systems level software and communications software. Interactive Media Developers write, modify, integrate and test computer code for Internet applications, film; computer based training software, computer games, video and other interactive media. They are mainly employed in computer software development firms, information technology consulting firms and in Information Technology (IT) units throughout the private and public sectors, and at times, by government sector also.
- Write, integrate, modify and test software code, modify and maintain existing computer programs and to identify, and communicate technical problems, processes and solutions.
- Write manuals and reports on the basis operation and maintenance of software and equipment’s, assist in the collection and documentation of user requirements.
- Assist in the development of logical and physical specifications. They may also lead and co-ordinate computer programmers team.
- Undertake research and evaluate variety of software products.
Interactive Media Developers
- Program animation software to predefined specifications for interactive CDs, video games cartridges, DVDs, and Internet-based applications, and program special effects software for film and video applications.
- Write, integrate, alter and test software codefor e-commerce and other Internet applications.
- Assist in the collection and documentation of user requirements and in the development of logical and physical specifications.
- They may also lead and co-ordinate teams of interactive media developers. And, undertake research and evaluate a variety of interactive media software products.
A graduation degree in computer science or in any other discipline, such as commerce, business management or mathematics with a specification in program component, or they should have completed a college program in computer science. Specialization in programming for engineering and scientific applications requires specific post-graduation degree or experience.
Significantly, the promotion to information systems analyst, software engineer or Web designer is possible only with experience.
- application programmer
- computer programmer
- programmer analyst
- interactive media developer
- business application programmer
- software developer
- computer game developer
- software programmer
- operating systems programmer
- systems programmer
- scientific programmer
- multimedia developer
- web programmer
- e-business software developer
Significantly, the number of applications that may be accepted yearly has been increased to take the same to 1000 petitions. The aspirants should have at least one year of experience in the germane occupation. The number is not applicable for the aspirants with arranged job in Canada.