Business Opportunities in Nova Scotia, Canada
The beautiful province of Canada, Nova Scotia, is one of the three Maritime Provinces that form what is called Atlantic Canada. It is the second smallest province in the nation, and also the second most densely populated. Courtesy its robust economy, largely dependent on Fishery, it is one of the most popular provinces in the nation.
If you want to experience vibrant society and savor mesmerizing beauty, then you must move to the East Coast, and settle in Nova Scotia. To immigrate, you have many good visa options to choose from. Perhaps, the Nova Scotia Entrepreneur Stream could turn out to be a great option for you.
Business Opportunities in Nova Scotia, Canada through Entrepreneur Stream
The extensively used and very popular class is meant for those skilled professionals or senior business managers who want to permanently settle in the province. To settle there in permanently, it is mandatory to form a new company/organization, or become a partner in an existing one, and actively supervise the same. Once a person has managed the company/organization for minimum 12 months, as a successful entrepreneur, he can apply for the Permanent Residency.
Note: Only those people who have been issued an invitation can submit an application under the stream.
Entrepreneur Stream Eligibility Requirements
An aspirant needs to fulfill the following requirements:
- Be of 21 years of age or above at the time of submitting the application.
- Show a strong desire to permanently settle in Nova Scotia while actively managing a venture there in.
- Own a legally acquired net worth of at least 600,000 Canadian Dollars either in net business or personal assets verified by the NSOI.
- To start a company/organization, the applicant must be in a financial condition to make an investment of at least 150,000 Canadian Dollars.
- Possess at least 3 years of relevant experience in either independently owning or managing a company/organization (possession must not be less than 33%), or else the candidate must have an experience of five years at a senior management (business) designation.
- Score 5 on the Canadian Language Benchmark in writing, speaking or reading in either English or French.
- Submit an Expression of Interest (online).
- Receive an Invitation to Apply (ITA) from the relevant officials of the Nova Scotia Office of Immigration (NSOI).
- Put forward an Expression of Interest (EOI).
- Receive an Invitation to Apply (ITA)
- Temporary Work Permit for two years is issued post signing a agreement with the organization/company stating a detailed strategy to run it the province.
- The applicant must request for nomination once terms and condition of the business performance deal is locked.
- Request for Nomination.
To retain the status, it is essential that the applicant runs the organization/company for at least one year and submit a progress report to the NSOI.