Latest PR Pathways: FAQs for Essential Workers and International Student Graduates in Canada

Latest PR Pathways: FAQs for Essential Workers and International Student Graduates in Canada

Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada will launch new permanent residency pathways to 90,000 essential workers and international graduates.

The new program will open on May 6 and accept 50,000 healthcare professionals and other essential workers and 40,000 applications from international graduates in Canada.

The new immigration pathways will support the federal government of Canada to achieve its immigration target of welcoming 401,000 newcomers in 2021 despite the covid-19 pandemic and travel restrictions in Canada.

Here are some frequently asked questions regarding the newly launched programs for both essential workers and international graduates. Read them carefully to boost your knowledge about these pathways:

How to apply for these programs?

You can apply for them online.

The government will process the applications first-come, first-serve basis.

Check your eligibility before applying for these programs. Each program has different eligibility requirements for both essential workers and international graduates. This also includes French-speaking essential workers and international graduates.

While applying for the program, a candidate must submit a complete application, including fee and language test results. Please note that you should be working at the time of application submission. You cannot be on leave for any reason.

What documents are required?

IRCC will check all documents, so make sure you keep them up-to-date to avoid any rejection. IRCC won’t give second chances if they find your information incorrect or misleading. There will be instances where IRCC will request you to send additional documents to get more information related to your case. There are also instances where some documents are not available with the candidate, such as police clearance certificates.

For documents, you might need proof of education in Canada or a study permit. For essential workers, they might have to submit their letter of experience and other credentials.

Many details of the program are yet to be released, but we can assume that the documentation requirement will be like the Canadian Experience Class. There will be a “How to Apply” tool on the portal that will help you select the most suitable immigration pathway for you. The same tool will have a document checklist section as well for you to know the documents required for the programs.

What if I am eligible for more than one Stream? How will it be counted?

You can choose any program based on your interest, provided you are eligible for the program. Intake caps will be counted based on the number of times you click on the “submission” button. IRCC will soon be going to have a counter on the main page to track the number of submissions someone makes.

Am I allowed to apply for multiple streams?

Yes, you can apply for multiple streams, but you have to submit the fee twice.

How much is the processing fee?

The fee could range from $1,050 to $1,325.

I have not finished my graduation yet. Can I apply?

Yes, you can. For essential workers’ Stream, current employment under any occupation is eligible, and it does not have to be full-time. They can apply for the pathway for international graduates as long as they have at least 1,560 hours of required work experience in the last three years.

I live in Quebec. Am I eligible to apply?

The eligibility requirements for the new immigration programs require applicants to migrate to any province in Canada except Quebec. This is because the government wants to encourage French immigration in other parts of Canada. Additionally, Quebec has a special agreement with the Federal government that prohibits the government from implementing new immigration pathways to Quebec.

But the good news is- Quebec education and experience are eligible for these programs. So, if you live in Quebec, you can try your luck. All you need is to provide answers to the government based on how you plan to move and other settlement-related things.

Do I have to be employed in the eligible occupation at the time of application?

No, you can be employed in any occupation. You only have to fulfil the 1,560-hour work requirement in an eligible profession in the last three years.

The program comprises two streams of eligible essential occupations. Healthcare occupations are listed under Stream A, whereas other essential occupations are listed under Stream B. Healthcare workers cannot apply under the eligible occupations listed for the essential workers. But for people applying under other essential workers can use Stream A experience.

What is the medical requirement? Is it required with the application submission?

Due to the coronavirus pandemic, IRCC has extended the medical requirements for candidates. But this applies to those who are in Canada.

IRCC has planned to create two categories: one who has never done any medical and one who has done medical in the past. It is advisable to wait for further instructions.

Taking the services of an experienced, seasoned immigration consultant ensures that you do not end miss out on an opportunity to get the Canadian PR visa. Please write to [email protected] for more information.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

* indicates required field