Australia is a haven for Skilled Immigration Points System. Excellent pay packages, attractive job offers, pollution-free environment, mind-blowing healthcare and educational facilities, the unprecedented scope for career growth…these all make the hotspot a wonderful place to move to for job and residence purposes. So it is hardly a matter of surprise that the Kangaroo Land is high on the radar of the skilled people.
SkillSelect Australia Skilled Immigration Points System
To move to Australia, as a skilled worker, you have to wade through the well-known SkillSelect system. It’s an innovative General Skilled Migration (GSM) points based system.
Your candidature will be assessed through it, and your will get a total on the basis of 8 parameters, namely, Age, English, Skilled employment outside of Oz during the preceding 10 years, Skilled employment in Oz during the previous 10 years, Specialist education qualification, Qualifications, Australia study requirement, Other.
8 Key Factors
- Age: If you happen to be in the age bracket of 18-24, 25 points will make their way to you. If you are between 25 and 32 years, 30 points will greet you. If you between 33 and 39 years, you will gain 25 points. And, if you are in the age bracket 40-44, you will get 15 points.
- English: SkillSelect does not offer any points to those with Competent English level skills. However, those with Proficient English level will receive 10 points. And those with Superior English proficiency level can look forward to getting 200% of the Proficient English level points, i.e., 20 points.
- Skilled line-of-work outside of Oz during the previous decade: If you have less than 3 years of skilled employment experience outside of Oz during the previous decade you will fail to gain any points. But if you have 3 to 4 years of germane experience, you will obtain 5 points. And, in case you happen to have 5 to 7 years of applicable experience, you will receive 10 points. And, you will get the maximum 15 points up-for-grabs, if you possess 8 to 10 years of germane experience.
- Skilled job In Down Under during the previous decade: Candidates with less than less than one-year skilled employment experience in Oz, during the previous decade, will not obtain any points. Those with 1 to 2 years of experience will get 5 points. And the aspirants with 3 to 4 years of experience will obtain 10 points. Candidates with 5 to 7 years of experience will gain 15 points. And the aspirants with 8-10 years of relevant experience will obtain 20 points.
- Qualifications: Aspirants with Doctoral degree from either an Australian education establishment, or a Doctoral from an education institution that is of a recognized standard, will receive 20 points. And the candidate with either a UG degree from an educational institution in Down Under or a UG qualification, from an education establishment that is of a recognized standard will receive 15 valuable points.
Candidates with trade qualification or diploma successfully concluded in Oz will obtain 10 points even as if you have a qualification or award duly acknowledged by the suitable evaluating body, for your nominated skilled line-of-work, you will obtain 10 points.
- Australia study condition: Aspirants with not less than one trade qualification degree or diploma from an educational establishment in the Kangaroo Land that fulfills the Australia study condition will receive 5 points.
- Specialist education qualification: In case you have a Doctoral Degree or research Masters’ Degree from an educational foundation in Oz that comprises not less than 2 academic years in an appropriate field, you will receive 5 points.
- Other: Candidates with qualification in a community language, or who studied in either a low population growth municipal area or regional Australia that fulfills the Australia study necessity, or have a spouse with skill qualifications, will gain 5 points.
Get hold of a State nomination for Australia Subcategory 190 Visa: Those who manage to gain a State nomination for Australia Subcategory 489 Visa will become richer with 10 useful points.
So, these are the 8 key factors of the Australian Points Based Immigration System! Use the information shared to improve your chances of Australia immigration as a skilled worker!