Under the Immigrant Connections Category of the PEI PNP, individuals who have settled down in the Canadian province of Prince Edward Island can put forward their recommendations on behalf of their connections in foreign lands who wish to get nominated through the provincial program and establish themselves in Prince Edward Island. In other words, this category allows established immigrants, more precisely Canadian citizens or permanent residents, in PEI to make requests to the PEI PNP regarding their connections (close family members) who they wish to see nominated by the program for Canadian permanent residency.
To be eligible to make recommendations to the PEI PNP, the residents of the province must fulfill certain criteria. A few of them are:
- They must have lived in the province of Prince Edward Island for over 24 months after becoming Canadian citizens or obtaining the PR status.
- They must be earning adequate in order to take care of themselves and their dependents.
- In order to able to recommend, they must have a clean personal background.
Below are the eligibility criteria to be fulfilled by the applicants (recommended by established Canadian citizens or PRs):
- Applicants must have the intention to reside in the province of Prince Edward Island.
- Applicants must demonstrate that they connect to the recommending established citizen or Canada PR through any of the following relations:
- Either they must have an employment offer from a PEI employer or have the capabilities to be employed in the province.
- They must have sound health, as well as clean personal background.
To know more about the Immigrant Connections Category of the PEI PNP, contact an Immigration and Visa Consultant!