If your profession is that of the qualified Mechanical Engineering Technologists or Technicians, and you are trying hard for Canada immigration, then you need not worry! Now the occupation has been mentioned on the in-demand list announced recently by the Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC). You can move to the nation under the Canada FSW Immigration 2014 plan. Significantly, as a result of industrial growth, employment growth and investment growth, the demand for these experts has increased in the country. The present trend is likely to continue.
These experts, to the best of their abilities, provide technical support and services in mechanical engineering fields, to maintain, design, develop and test machines, tools, components, and to ventilate system, power generation and power conversion plants, manufacturing plants and related equipments. Usually, they are hired by consulting engineering, manufacturing and processing companies, institutions–both private and government departments.
Mechanical Engineering Technologists: Key Duties
- Interpret and prepare conventional and computer-assisted design, engineering designs and specifications for machines and components, power transmission systems, process piping, heating, ventilating and air-conditioning systems.
- Prepare cost and material estimates, project schedules and reports and also test and analyze machines, components and materials to determine their performance, strength.
- Design moulds, tools, jigs, dies, and fixtures for use in manufacturing processes, and inspect mechanical installations and construction procedure.
- Prepare contract and tender required documents and monitor, inspect mechanical installations and construction projects.
- Get ready schedules and supervise mechanical maintenance programs.
Mechanical Engineering Technicians: Key Duties
- Assist in preparing conventional and computer-assisted design engineering designs, drawings and specifications.
- Carry-out a limited range of mechanical tests and analyze machines, components and materials.
- Assist in the design of moulds, jigs, dies, tools and fixtures for use in manufacturing processes.
- Also assist in inspection of mechanical installations and construction projects, and participate in the installation, repair and maintenance of machinery and equipment.
- aeronautical technologist
- heating designer
- HVAC (heating, ventilating and air conditioning) technologist
- machine designer
- marine engineering technologist
- mechanical engineering technician
- You are expected to complete a graduation or post graduation college program in mechanical engineering technology.
- For the profile of mechanical engineering technicians, you are required to complete a one or two-year college program.
- For some positions, certification in mechanical engineering technology or in a related field is available through provincial associations of engineering.
- Before certification, a period of supervised work experience is usually required.
Remarkably, promotion to supervisory occupations–such as mechanical construction supervisor, manufacturing supervisor or operations maintenance manager–is possible only with experience.
Canada FSW Immigration 2014 program aims to attract only the best and the finest qualified applicants from across the world, who have demonstrated occupational skills and adaptability level, to adjust in foreign country, and contribute in the country’s economic growth sooner than expected.