Are You Occupational Health and Safety Professional? Canada FSW Immigration 2014 Plan Beckons You!

Occupational Health and Safety profession is one of the 50 occupations recently announced by the Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC). If you are a fellow practitioner, and want to immigrate to the nation, then the time is just perfect to submit your submission, and start packing your bags. You can immigrate to Canada under the FSW Immigration 2014 plan.

The list was long awaited and now that the required occupation has been announced, an impressive number of applications are being submitted. However, to recruit only the best, and not to pile up applications, a limit has been out and not more than 1000 submissions can be presented by the applicants with arranged jobs.

Under the Federal Skilled Worker program, you will be assessed through the old assessment method, and if found eligible, you will be right away provided with the cherished permanent citizenship position with all the legitimate benefits and rights.

Work Profile

The professionals evaluate and monitor health and safety hazards and develop strategies to control risks in the workplace. They inspect restaurants, public institutions, industrial establishments, municipal water systems, and other workplaces, to ensure compliance with government regulations regarding sanitation, pollution control, the handling and storage of hazardous substances and workplace safety.


To make the cut and be accepted:

  1. You must have at least completed a bachelor degree or a diploma in a discipline, such as food science, environmental studies, chemistry or health and safety.
  2. You should have a minimum of one year of relevant work experience.
  3. You ought to have good language skills, in either English or French language.
  4. You should not be alcoholic or a drug addict.
  5. Excluding speeding offences, you must have a clean police record during the last 5 years.

Key Duties

  1. Inspect the sanitary conditions of hotels, schools, restaurants, hospitals and other public and government institutions.
  2. Conduct surveys and monitoring programs of the natural environment to identify various sources of pollution.
  3. Collect samples of water to analyze measure biological, physical and chemical workplace hazards and to conduct safety and environmental audits.
  4. Investigate health and safety related complaints, outbreaks of diseases spills of hazardous chemicals or poisonings.
  5. Inspect workplaces to make sure that materials, equipment and production processes do not present a safety or health hazard to employees or to the general public.
  6. Develop, evaluate and implement health and safety programs and strategies.
  7. Provide consultation and deliver training programs to employees, employers, and the general public on issues of environmental protection, public health or workplace safety.

If you think you have the above requirements, and are keen to Canada Immigration, then the time is in your favor. All you have to do is to contact the Canada High Commission and submit an application.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

* indicates required field