The Subclass 491 is trending on the current Australia Immigration verticals wherein Subclass 489 Visa has been replaced with Subclass 491 Skilled Work Regional (Provisional) visa with effect November 16, 2019. Just like the counterpart, the new Subclass 491 visa is based on the skilled migration points system which requires either state government nomination, or sponsorship by an eligible family member who is settled in a designated regional area.
Key Features of the Subclass 491 Skilled Work Regional (Provisional) visa:
- The visa is valid for a period of 5 years which was earlier 4 years.
- The Visa Holders of the new provisional visa must complete at least three years in a designated regional area to apply for other General Skilled Migration visas for Australia PR Visa.
- According to the new conditions imposed by the government, the visa holders must:
- Live, work and study only in designated regional areas and if employer sponsored, only in the nominated position.
- Notify Immigration department within 14 days of any change or rectifications to the visa holder’s details and must provide evidence within 28 days, if requested
- Attend an interview with Immigration the department, if requested
- Visa holders can move between regional areas (excluding Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, the Gold Coast and Perth).
- Every year 16,000 places will be allocated with 504 eligible occupations (77 more than closest non-regional equivalent visa).
Points System Changes for Subclass 491 visa:
Big News!! The Australia Immigration Points System will now provide additional points for all the applicants as well as the applications for other General Skilled Migration visas (not assessed at that time). Below are the new points details:
- 15 points for nomination by a State or Territory government agency or sponsorship by a family member staying in regional Australia. Earlier, the points were 10.
- 10 points for applicants without spouse or their partner is an Australian citizen or permanent resident.
- 5 points for the spouse de facto partner with competent English Skills.
- 10 points for certain Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) qualifications
Application fee for Subclass 491 visa:
- Department of Home Affairs (Australia Govt.) will charge AUD 4,045 for main applicant and AUD 2,025 for spouse:
If you are looking for smooth and transparent Australia Immigration via Subclass 491, then you have reached the safe harbor. Abhinav Outsourcings is an accomplished wizard in fulfilling Australian dreams of the people. Follow the trail, and you will reach your destination with ease. Apply with us now!!