Process for Filing I-130 Application!

You have already immigrated to the United States and are currently residing there. And now, you desire to live in the United States forever? If yes, you have to start working on the procedure now itself. After you are done with your I – 130 form, you would need to gear up completely for the process to obtain a status as a Legal Permanent Resident, commonly known as the LPR.

The most important aspect here is to find a sponsor. Incase of family immigration, the sponsor would be one member of the family. However, the application forms that need to be filled would cater to two people in question.

  • Sponsor: He is already a citizen or a Legal Permanent resident of the United States.
  • Beneficiary: The person or the applicant applying for a Legal Permanent Residence.

Incase, your spouse is your sponsor that is either your husband/wife, in such a case, your marriage has to be proved. This would require a certificate proving your marriage. Incase, the marriage certificate is printed in some other language, a certified translation is required. Incase of previous marriages, certificates pertaining to those as well must be submitted. With this, proof or documents proving that those marriages have been legally put an end must also be shown.

Incase your children would also be accompanying you; documents proving that those kids are actually your children would also have to be presented. These can include birth certificates of the children and certified translations (if they are not English).

However, if you have adopted children, there would additional procedures that have to be followed as well. Two passport size photographs of you also have to be submitted along with the application form with all the above documents.

Based on the residence of the sponsor, the application has to be filed accordingly. Those sponsors living in Ohio, Alaska, Wyoming, Arizona, Wisconsin, Minnesota, South Dakota, Iowa, and California and so on would have to file their paper work at the USCIS in Chicago. This is if you are only filing a Form – 130. However, make sure to find out the right address or the department before actually submitting your application.

If done appropriately, the process for I – 130 can turn out to be quite a cake walk. You can also submit your form via the Internet which could prove to be much easier. Above all, it is best to contact an expert such as registered Immigration Lawyer or a consultant dealing with US Immigration.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

* indicates required field