Under the Long Haul Truck Drivers, the Saskatchewan Immigration Nominee Program enables Saskatchewan to hire truck drivers that the province’s trucking firms require for in order to meet the requirement of truck drivers. In order words, the trucking firms of the Canadian province make use of this category to bring truckers they need. The category is administered by the Service Canada’s Temporary Foreign Worker policy. Basically, these occupations require foreign applicants to have a high school diploma, else on-the-job training.
The category of Long Haul Truck Drivers Project is a joint venture of the Saskatchewan Trucking Association; Service Canada; and Citizenship and Immigration Canada. The project aims at attracting foreign long-haul truck drivers to the province to meet the shortages of skilled truck drivers in Saskatchewan.
Below are a few eligibility criteria for the applicants of the Long Haul Truck Drivers:
- Applicants must have a temporary job offer from a trucking firm based in Saskatchewan.
- Applicants must posses a Canadian work permit.
- Applicants must also possess a valid trucking license equivalent to a Class 1A driver’s license in Saskatchewan.
- Applicants must have minimum 2 years of truck driving experience.
- Applicants must be able to travel to the United States, if they are required to travel by the employer.
- Applicants must have some level of proficiency in English language.
For more information on the Long Haul Truck Drivers category, contact an Immigration and Visa Consultant!