The Northwest Territories Nominee Program’s Self-Employed Business category is instrumental in attracting international people to the province who have the potential to serve the province with the services that are quite in demand. The province of Northwest Territories allows entrepreneurs or other professionals to immigrate and establish their businesses or start professional practices, which will somehow contribute to the society or to the province as a whole.
In order to qualify to immigrate under the Self-Employed Business category, international applicants are required to meet a number of eligibility criteria. Let’s have a look at some of them:
- Applicants who intend to immigrate under the category must be in occupations that are included on the Northwest Territories’ professional skill shortage list.
- Applicants must possess the certification necessary for their occupations.
- Applications must have the license to engage in their respective occupations.
- Applications must have necessary language skills to work in the province.
- Applications must possess adequate financial/settlement resources to set up businesses or start practices in Northwest Territories. They have sufficient funds to support themselves and their dependants for at least 6 months.
- Applicants must provide a proper business plan for the proposed businesses or practices.
To learn more about the Self-Employed Business Category, contact an Immigration and Visa Consultant!