Specialist Physicians in Canada: Criteria for Employment!

The occupation of a specialist physician is one of the key occupations which are currently in demand in Canada. If you are a specialist physician seeking better opportunities for life, then Canada is the place to be. The occupation of Specialist Physicians is one of the listed occupations in the list of 29 occupations brought out by the government of Canada. In order to live and work in Canada as a Specialist Physician, you have to qualify under a set of criteria based on which you would be assessed. Here is a set of criteria chalked out by the government of Canada for the physicians to qualify:

Specialist Physicians

  • A bachelors degree in Science
  • You must have finished your graduation from a medical school which is approved.
  • You must have specific specialty training. This is mandatory.
  • You should have clear certifying examinations from the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada.
  • You must acquire a license from the territorial or the provincial licensing authority in order to practice.

Clinical Medicine Specialists

  • Work experience of at least 4 to 5 years under specialty residency training is a must.
  • In some cases, another 2 years of training in a subspecialty is also a must.

Laboratory Medicine Specialists

For professionals under this field, about 4 to 5 years of experience or specialty residency training is a must.

Specialists in Surgery

  • 5 to 6 years of specialty residency training is a must.
  • Another 2 years of training in a subspecialty might also be needed in some cases.

Apart from the above, with more experience, you would also be catered to with opportunities to work at management positions. These include director for laboratory medicine, chief of surgery and so on.

Above all, an immigration and visa consultant is the apt person to be contacted in this regard. This is because he would be updated at all times regarding the laws and other immigration policies. Ensure that you contact an immigration specialist who deals with immigration to Canada.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

* indicates required field