As the end of June approaches, there is a sentiment of positivity in the air for the immigrants waiting for the reset of Australia Immigration SkillSelect. July has always been a time of specific interest for the people waiting to prepare and squeeze in their requests for immigrating to this most happening location down south.
The middle of year has always been an important time for the Aussie authorities like DIBP – Department of Immigration and Border Protection as the government in coordination with this agency defines the parameters for the next year’s edition of Australian skilled migration SkillSelect program. So as per the conventions go the DIBP will be announcing the changes to the scheme on the first of next month.
As per the proposed change, DIBP has planned some inclusions in the existing structure of the skilled migration scheme and is set to introduce some new trades in the Australia Immigration Skilled Trades Tabulation List of From July 2014. These additions to the tabulations would enhance the scope of the SkillSelect platform assisted subsection 189 – federal independent permanent residential permit and family class nomination subsection 457 temporary.
The new profession codes added into the existing list include following trades
- ANZSCO 351311 – Chef. These professionals take care of tasks planning and arranging preparation of food in dining and catering agencies.
- ANZSCO 331111- Bricklayer. These specialists carrying out tasks connected to masonary including laying bricks, pre-cut stone and other kinds of building sections in mortar to build and carry out repairs of walls, partitions, and other sections.
- Wall and Floor Tiler – ANZSCO 333411. These specialist tradesmen lay ceramic, clay, slate, marble and glass tiles on exteriors and interiors and floors to render protective and decorative ambience.
To qualify for these professions under the SkillSelect scheme, you need to be in possession of a relevant academic perusal, which is deemed at par with AQF Associate Degree, Advanced Diploma or Diploma. Besides this a relevant exposure is also deemed desirable. In certain cases, a minimum practice exposure of three years of can supersede the academic requirements. Besides this, you would also need to be in possession of sufficient language skills in English. All of these trade codes would be selecting a maximum of 1000 applications in the next year SkillSelect program.
Similarly, the authorities have incorporated certain profession codes into the integrated Australia Immigration Skilled Trades Tabulation – CSOL, i.e.
- ANZSCO 234413 – Hydro geologist. These professional carry out task connected to observing, gauging, monitoring and elaborating the planet surface and groundwater resources and many factors of the water cycle, including human use of water.
- ANZSCO 234915 Exercise Physiologist – these professionals evaluate, prepare programs and apply therapy schemes for prevention and management of various ailments and physical conditions.
The CSOL is designed to serve the requirements of Australian states and territories and the employers willing to hire personnel from overseas locations. The programs categorically clubbed under this list are sections include the provincial or territory nomination schemes including subsection 190 permanent, subsection 489 temporary and employer sponsorship program sections 186 and 187 permanent and section 457 temporary. To qualify for these professions, you need to be at least a graduate in relevant disciplines and also carry a relevant practical work exposure. In certain cases, training while being in employment is also deemed necessary.
The new inclusions into the next year’s Aussie skills migration program is bound to raise the level of interest among the migration aspirants. Considering the response Australian migration SkillSelect scheme has received over past 2 years, the next year is also expected to be equally exciting.